QUOTE FOR A MONDAY
- MLK Jr. Day - Office & Preschool Closed
- Men's BSF 6:45pm (Fireside Room)
- Women's Bible Study 7:00pm (Multipurpose Room)
- Boy Scouts Troop Meeting 7:00pm (Fellowship Hall)
- 12 Step Program 7:30pm (Library)
- Preschool In-House Registration Begins
- Men's Bible Study 6:00am (Burien Press)(Offsite)
- Judson Park Bible Study 1:00pm (Judson Park)
- Finance Team Meeting 6:30pm (Fireside Room)
- Middle School Youth Group 6:30pm (Youth Center)
- JK Preschool Team Meeting 6:30pm (Parent Lounge)
- Prayer Group 9:00am (All are Welcome) (Prayer Room)
- Facilities Team Meeting 7:00pm (Fireside Room)
- JK Go: Give, Send & Serve 7:00pm (Multipurpose Room)
- High School Youth Group 7:00pm (Youth Center)
- Women's Bible Study 9:00am (Worship Center)
- JK Kids Team Meeting 5:00pm (JK Kids Office)
- Worship Team Rehearsal 7:00pm (Sanctuary)
- Iglesia Mision Hispana Church Service 7:00pm (Chapel)
- Worship 8:30am | 10:30am
- JK Kids Family Update 11:45am (After Second Service) (Fellowship Hall)
- Iglesia Mision Hispana Church Service 2:00pm (Chapel)
As always, you can find a full calendar of every event and meeting at JKPC by going to JKPC Calendar
IN-HOUSE REGISTRATION BEGINS JANUARY 21
Preschool Registration for John Knox families begins today at at 8:45 am. If you have a child who will be between 12 months to 4 years old by August 31st, then we have options of classes available to you. Please pick up a registration form from the Welcome Center or download it at jkpreschool.com. Reach out to [email protected] with questions. Registration opens to the general public on Tuesday, January 28th at 8:45 am, so invite your friends to join us.
HEAR, MEET, AND INTERACT WITH MARILYN BORST
GUEST PREACHER SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 WITH SEMINAR FROM 9:45-10:15AM
Marilyn Borst, Associate Director for Partnership Development with The Outreach Foundation (TOF) will be presenting a sermon titled “Suffering: An Inconvenient Truth” (Romans 8:14-17) at both services on January 26. Join Susan Parker as she hosts Marilyn’s seminar between our worship services for a fast paced and visual update on Syria, followed by a time of Q & A.
Marilyn Borst is Associate Director for Partnership Development with The Outreach Foundation (TOF) https://www.theoutreachfoundation.org/. She works with churches around the United States to help them discern God’s call to global engagement while connecting them to that work alongside the Global Church in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and the Middle East – a particular area of specialty for her. She travels extensively, nurturing relationships with church leaders, assessing ministry initiatives and leading short-term vision teams. Prior to joining The Outreach Foundation staff, Marilyn served for over six years as Director of Global Ministry at Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta where she oversaw their international partnerships in over 33 countries. Marilyn holds an M.A. in Theology from St. Thomas University in Houston and is ordained as a Presbyterian elder. Click here (https://www.theoutreachfoundation.org/meet-borst) to see a brief interview with Marilyn and here (https://www.theoutreachfoundation.org/trips) for a list of mission/vision trips available in 2020. Marilyn will lead the vision trips to Cuba, Syria, The Holy Land, Egypt and Iraq.
JANUARY YOUNG ADULT GAME NIGHT
FRIDAY, JANUARY 31ST AT 7:00PM
After several months off, we will be having our next game night on Friday, January 31st! Show up any time after 7pm and feel free to bring a game/snack/drink to share if you want. Hope to see you there!
Location: 23425 26th Ave S, Des Moines WA 98198
WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY WINTER-SPRING 2020
A 16 WEEK STUDY OF JAMES WITH BETH MOORE
Even James, Jesus’ own brother, started out as a skeptic. Join us as we learn how one glimpse of the resurrected Savior turned an unbeliever into a disciple. Monday groups meet at 7pm in the Multipurpose Room. Thursday groups meet at 9am in the Atrium. Study guides ($20) available at the Bible study. For information on Monday groups, contact Joanie Brown and for Thursday groups contact Della Hoag .
JK KIDS FAMILY UPDATE
SUNDAY, JANUARY 26 | 11:45AM IN THE FELLOWSHIP HALL
Calling all John Knox families, let's connect over lunch after second service Jan 26.
- Young kiddos will get to play in the Nursery and enjoy their lunch there.
- Older kiddos will get to watch a movie in the Youth Room and enjoy their lunch there.
- Adults will connect in the Gym with lunch. Topics will include feedback on programs including the current drop off/pick up procedure.
RSVP is not necessary but helpful by Jan 22nd for shopping for/preparing lunch. Please send any RSVPs & questions to Linda Farnsworth.
RAISE THE ROOF
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Our congregation is raising $500,000 to pay for the upgrades and repairs that will be needed over the next five years to keep our campus functional and ready to serve future generations. Currently, 52 families have pledged their support or made one-time gifts. We still need your help to finish the rest! Please see a member of the Raise the Roof team – Steve Davolt, Leslie Newman, Uli Chi, Larry Bjork, Pat Herd, Pastor Jon, or Pastor Shari – for more information, answers to your questions, and to provide an opportunity to pledge your support.
How to Pledge:
- Fill out a pledge card (located at the Welcome Center) and give to an usher.
- Through Realm. Login to your Realm account and navigate to the Giving option on the left hand side of the screen. Next to the blue “Give” button, you will see a gray “Pledge” button. From there, you can set up your pledge gift to Raise the Roof. You can even set up reoccurring gifts to Raise the Roof right from that page as well.
- Through the Realm mobile app. This app allows you to use your phone or tablet to give (and if you haven’t downloaded it yet, you should give it a try!). Open the app and tap on the “Giving” icon at the bottom of the screen. Once that opens, you will see a “Pledge” button at the top of the screen. Tapping this button will take you to a screen where you can make your pledge.
- Call the JK Office at 206-241-1606 and we can enter your pledge into our database for you. You can also email [email protected] with your pledge details (be sure to include frequency of pledge donations).
You can always make a one-time gift on Realm to the Raise the Roof fund through either of the options above, using the Giving tabs instead of the Pledge tabs. You can also give by check; be sure to put “Raise the Roof” in the memo line.
Thank you for your generosity, and help us to RAISE THE ROOF!