The Weekly | November 18
QUOTE FOR A MONDAY
- Men's BSF 6:45pm (Fireside Room)
- Boy Scouts Troop Meeting 7:00pm (Fellowship Hall)
- Women's Bible Study 7:00pm (Multipurpose Room)
- AA Group 7:30pm (Library)
- Men's Bible Study 6:00am (Burien Press)(Offsite)
- Judson Park Bible Study 1:00pm (Judson Park)
- JK Kids Team Meeting 4:00pm (Parent Lounge)
- Pen Pal Writing Time 6:00pm (Multipurpose Room)
- Finance Team Meeting 6:30pm (Fireside Room)
- Middle School Youth Group 6:30pm (Youth Center)
- JK Worship Team Meeting 7:00pm (Offsite)
- JK Adults Team Meeting 7:00pm (Offsite)
- Prayer Group 9:00am (All are Welcome) (Prayer Room)
- JK Go: Give, Send, Serve Team Meeting 7:00pm (Fireside Room)
- High School Youth Group 7:00pm (Youth Center)
- Women's Bible Study 9:00am (Worship Center)
- Intergenerational Worship Choir 6:30pm (Multipurpose Room)
- Worship Team Rehearsal 7:30pm (Sanctuary)
- Iglesia Mision Hispana Church Service 7:00pm (Chapel)
- New Elder & Deacon Training 9:00am (Fireside Room)
- Worship 8:30am | 10:30am
- Iglesia Mision Hispana Church Service 2:00pm (Chapel)
As always, you can find a full calendar of every event and meeting at JKPC by going to JKPC Calendar
THANKSGIVING EVE SERVICE & SPECIAL OFFERING
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 27 AT 7:00 PM
Join us for a service of Thanksgiving to God. We will lift our gratitude and praise through song, prayer, Scripture, and in the sacrament of Communion. Childcare will be available for children ages Nursery through Preschool. This year’s special Thanksgiving offering will be shared equally by Hospitality House and The Outreach Foundation’s Syria Relief Fund. Please use your special Thanksgiving offering envelope or write “Thanksgiving Offering” on the memo line of your check or pew envelope. Donations can also be made online at www.jkpcusa.org or through Realm.
OFFICER TRAINING OPEN TO ALL
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23RD | 9:00AM-NOON | FIRESIDE ROOM
Interested in learning about the elected offices of the Presbyterian Church? If so, you’re invited to join in the upcoming training session for church officers taking place this Saturday November 23rd. This three hour training takes place from 9am-noon in the Fireside Room, in the Administration building. Topics include: navigating change, basics of Presbyterian polity, responsibilities of Session, nuts of bolts of leadership, basics of the church budget and how the board of Deacons functions. Plus there’s lots of time for Q&A. To sign up contact the church office or join the Officer Training group on Realm. Training materials are electronic. Requests for print copies must be made by November 20th. Questions? Contact Pastor Shari or Pastor Jon.
GIVING TREE | LOCAL CHRISTMAS MISSION PROJECT
HELP SUPPLY GIFTS FOR THE RESIDENCE OF MARY’S PLACE IN BURIEN
JKPC is partnering with Mary’s Place to provide gifts for children and adults during this holiday season by sponsoring a Giving Tree. Please check out the tree in the Atrium and select a gift or two (or even more) that your family can bless others with. Unwrapped gifts along with the gift request tags must be returned by December 12th to the Atrium. If a gift card is the requested item, it should be returned to the Welcome Center or to the church office. These gifts will be distributed at the Holly Jolly Party for Mary’s Place participants December 20th and 21st. Please find out more by visiting the display table next to the tree in the Atrium.
HELP FILL THE CONGREGATIONAL ADVENT TREE
The last week in November the JKPC campus will be decorated for the beginning of Advent season. We are inviting the congregation to contribute ornaments for the Atrium tree. This year's donations will be added to ornaments collected in 2012.
Please donate one or two ornaments that represent the Nativity Story: the Holy Family, angels, shepherds, wise men, the star, animals from the stable etc. – purchased or handmade. (No glitter, please).
We ask that each contributor place their donation in a zip lock bag and include a note with the family/individual name. We'll photograph each ornament and note and store at JKPC for future Advent seasons.
Collection starts Sunday November 10 – look for a labeled bin at the Welcome Center. Questions? Contact Donna Cheeseman at [email protected]. Thank you!
ADVENT BEGINS SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1ST
SPECIAL HAPPENINGS TO ENHANCE THE SEASON
Advent is almost here! In Advent, we anticipate the coming of Jesus by looking to the hopes and expectations around Jesus found in scripture. This year, our advent theme will be “Prepare the Way.” We will be focusing on John the Baptist’s life and message. As part of our Advent celebration, we will have an Advent Choir to lead us in rich music related to Advent on Sunday mornings and we will be providing a daily devotion via e-mail throughout the work week, written by members of the JKPC community. If you would like the devotion but are unsure of whether the church office has your e-mail, please send your e-mail to [email protected].
SAVE THE DATE FOR CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
CHRISTMAS SERVICE SCHEDULE
Tuesday, December 24th
- Family Candlelight Services at 5:00pm and 7:00pm
- Communion Candlelight Service at 10:00pm
Sunday, December 29th
- Two Services at 8:30am and 10:30am | Childcare for ages Nursery - Preschool
RAISE THE ROOF
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Our congregation is raising $500,000 to pay for the upgrades and repairs that will be needed over the next five years to keep our campus functional and ready to serve future generations. Currently, 52 families have pledged their support or made one-time gifts. We still need your help to finish the rest! Please see a member of the Raise the Roof team – Steve Davolt, Leslie Newman, Uli Chi, Larry Bjork, Pat Herd, Pastor Jon, or Pastor Shari – for more information, answers to your questions, and to provide an opportunity to pledge your support.
How to Pledge:
- Fill out a pledge card (located at the Welcome Center) and give to an usher.
- Through Realm. Login to your Realm account and navigate to the Giving option on the left hand side of the screen. Next to the blue “Give” button, you will see a gray “Pledge” button. From there, you can set up your pledge gift to Raise the Roof. You can even set up reoccurring gifts to Raise the Roof right from that page as well.
- Through the Realm mobile app. This app allows you to use your phone or tablet to give (and if you haven’t downloaded it yet, you should give it a try!). Open the app and tap on the “Giving” icon at the bottom of the screen. Once that opens, you will see a “Pledge” button at the top of the screen. Tapping this button will take you to a screen where you can make your pledge.
- Call the JK Office at 206-241-1606 and we can enter your pledge into our database for you. You can also email [email protected] with your pledge details (be sure to include frequency of pledge donations).
You can always make a one-time gift on Realm to the Raise the Roof fund through either of the options above, using the Giving tabs instead of the Pledge tabs. You can also give by check; be sure to put “Raise the Roof” in the memo line.
Thank you for your generosity, and help us to RAISE THE ROOF!