QUOTE FOR A MONDAY
The JKPC campus is closed to all groups at this time. We will continue to livestream our worship services at 10:30am Sunday mornings.
WELCOME JIMMY MCPHERSON
JKPC’S NEW SENIOR PASTOR
Yesterday, Sunday March 29th, the members of John Knox voted overwhelmingly to call Rev. Jimmy McPherson to the role of Senior Pastor. The Pastor Nominating Committee did a remarkable job sharing their journey of discernment that led them to Jimmy. Following their report, members interacted with Jimmy for about an hour of lively Q&A. Look here in future editions of The Weekly for additional details.
JOIN US ONLINE ON THURSDAY, APRIL 2 AT 7:00 PM
Join the JKPC Community via Zoom on Thursday, April 2 at 7:00 PM for an informal evening of music, prayer, and scripture. We will enjoy singing together, sharing prayer requests with one another, and reading passages of scripture that have been meaningful to us during this season. Here is the link to join: https://zoom.us/j/924337022
LENTEN CHRISTIAN FORMATION SEMINARS
In light of our cancellation of Sunday worship services and activities, each of the Christian Formation Seminars has moved online in the meantime. Even if you had not previously signed up for a seminar or joined us in person during the first week of seminars, you can still join! You can join one or join all of the seminars and interact online.
Each of the seminars has a group set up in Realm:
- Comon Rule Seminar Lent 2020 (JK Adults)
- Creative Spiritual Practices Seminar Lent 2020 (JK Worship)
- Sininar: A Seminar on Sin (Pastor Jon & Uli Chi)
Here is how to find the groups in Realm:
- From your Realm homepage, click on “Groups” on the left side of the screen.
- From there, scroll down and click on “Find Groups.”
- What type of group are you looking for? Click on “Class.”
- From this page you can click on whichever seminar(s) you want to join and request to be added to the group. Our group leaders will happily accept your request and you will be able to access all of the information in the group!
Join us online as we continue to learn and grow together!
HOW ARE WE DOING FINANCIALLY?
Like the entire world, the congregation and the leadership at our Church are uncertain about what will happen next as this crisis unfolds. The future is unknown to us, but we can be certain we remain in God’s hands. While we don’t know about the future, we do know several things about the present:
- We know that through the end of February our General Fund was on track to meet our 2020 budget. The chart below shows how we were doing before the Covid-19 crisis hit:
- We know that through the generous tithes and offerings of our congregation over many years we’ve been able to build an Operating Reserve equal to over three months of General Fund revenue, funds that will allow John Knox Presbyterian Church the luxury of time as we all adjust to the new financial reality.
- We know that through the generous gifts of our congregation we have Raise the Roof Capital Campaign Funds in hand, ready to deal with any emergency needs of our campus.
- We know that when this crisis comes to an end and we can once again worship and support one another in person, John Knox Presbyterian Church will be open, ready and welcoming.
As you and your family discuss and pray about your own finances, please continue to support your church if you are able to do so. Your contributions can be made online through the Realm website, through your bank or credit union bill pay service, or by mail.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Pastor Shari and Pastor Jon are doing weekly video updates every Thursday to keep everyone informed on what’s happening at John Knox Presbyterian Church. In case you missed this past week's video: You can find it here.
LET US KNOW HOW WE CAN PRAY FOR YOU
We encourage you to submit prayer requests so our prayer chain, staff and pastors can pray for your needs.
- If you would like your requests shared with the "prayer chain" or with the "staff only" email your request to [email protected] or submit your request at https://johnknox.life/prayer-request.
- Please specify if your prayer is for the "prayer chain" or for "staff only"
RAISE THE ROOF
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Our congregation is raising $500,000 to pay for the upgrades and repairs that will be needed over the next five years to keep our campus functional and ready to serve future generations. Many families have pledged their support or made one-time gifts. We still need your help to finish the rest! Please see a member of the Raise the Roof team – Steve Davolt, Leslie Newman, Uli Chi, Larry Bjork, Pat Herd, Pastor Jon, or Pastor Shari – for more information, answers to your questions, and to provide an opportunity to pledge your support.
How to Pledge:
- Fill out a pledge card (located at the Welcome Center) and give to an usher.
- Through Realm. Login to your Realm account and navigate to the Giving option on the left hand side of the screen. Next to the blue “Give” button, you will see a gray “Pledge” button. From there, you can set up your pledge gift to Raise the Roof. You can even set up reoccurring gifts to Raise the Roof right from that page as well.
- Through the Realm mobile app. This app allows you to use your phone or tablet to give (and if you haven’t downloaded it yet, you should give it a try!). Open the app and tap on the “Giving” icon at the bottom of the screen. Once that opens, you will see a “Pledge” button at the top of the screen. Tapping this button will take you to a screen where you can make your pledge.
- Call the JK Office at 206-241-1606 and we can enter your pledge into our database for you. You can also email [email protected] with your pledge details (be sure to include frequency of pledge donations).
You can always make a one-time gift on Realm to the Raise the Roof fund through either of the options above, using the Giving tabs instead of the Pledge tabs. You can also give by check; be sure to put “Raise the Roof” in the memo line.
Thank you for your generosity, and help us to RAISE THE ROOF!